Sunday, December 5, 2010

Four more days

That's how long I have a baby. After that, I'm going to have a big boy. Yep, the Boy turns one on Friday. (Deep breath, Katie) I just about finished up the party preparations this weekend. Saturday was filled with  Sam's AND grocery store shopping sprees, and I spent (way) more money at both than I had anticipated. (I'm not including amounts, since the Hubs reads this...) Doesn't Sam's always get you? It's okay though. I made absolute sure not to let myself be tempted into anything when I didn't actually need the feed-an-army size package, and I got some REALLY good deals. Thank goodness for my sister-in-law tagging along and keeping the Boy entertained on the Sam's trip. As far as birthday party preparations go, all that's left is getting the Boy a first birthday shirt for Friday (which the Hubs is handling--whew!) and the stuff that will be done that day like getting balloons and picking up the cake. I know so many of our friends and family members are going out of their way to do something special for the Boy's birthday, and I'm thinking of this party as a way to show them how much we love and appreciate all of their support. It might be a first birthday party, but beer or a margarita anyone? (I've got juice boxes, milk and water, too.)

Today was a fun day. It was my father-in-law's first time to babysit the Boy. He arrived 30 minutes early, which was great. My sister-in-law came too, which was even greater. Although I know he would never do it if he was alone with the Boy, my father-in-law needed a mid-morning snooze, so it was wonderful that my lovely sister-in-law was there to cover. Babysitters for Brady meant we got to go tailgate with friends before the Titans game. (And I got to use my frosting thingy again when filling the deviled eggs that I made to share.) We didn't go to the game--chose to watch it on our warm couch at home instead--but we had a blast with our tailgate group! (As for the Titans game, what a disappointment. But I'm still on the Coach Fisher bandwagon, and I really hope he'll be back next year. Read more about that here.)


The tailgate gang

Now I'm off to watch what I'm hoping is a new episode of Desperate Housewives. As I type, the Boy is coughing (and coughing) in his bed. He has also developed a runny nose today. Keep your fingers crossed that he doesn't get sick...apparently the sick fairy doesn't know what happens in four days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!