Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm a little nosey, and I'm not afraid to admit that I like drama...

I like drama. Well, I like drama that is not MY drama. The Hubs frequently tells me to mind my own business, but I don't listen. I like to know what's going on with everyone else. I'm not scared to "stalk" a Facebook page to stay in the loop. I'm also fine with weighing in on someone else's Facebook conversation if I have something to say about their discussion or want more details. I figure folks shouldn't post things publically on Facebook if they don't want others to get in their business. Oh, and I have a little gem for my fellow nosey Nashvillians out there...the Davidson County Criminal Court Clerk's website! You can enter someone's name in the search box, and it tells you about anything he or she has ever been charged with in Davidson County. You can even read the affidavit and court dates/outcomes associated with the charges. And let me tell you--those affidavits are juicy!

There is currently some Tennessee Titans drama going on, and I am intrigued. I am a Titans fan. I am a huge Jeff Fisher fan, and I have NEVER been on the Vince Young bandwagon (even through all of the taunting I got from friends during the 2009 season with Collins' 0-6 start and Young's success after he resumed starting QB duties). VY is a baby and has always been since his beginning in the NFL. Football is his job, and the amount of compensation he receives for doing his job is ridiculous. His coach is his boss, and in my opinion, in any career, if you want to keep being compensated for doing your job, you do what the boss says. After all of the immaturity, inconsistency and unreliability that Vince has shown over the years, I really can't understand Bud Adams' undermining his head coach. I can't come up with a single excuse/idea that makes it okay in this situation. There is LOTS of media coverage swirling around on this, but here is one of my favorite articles so far. And the Rich Eisen Podcast on this is pretty interesting too (skip to about seven and a half minutes in to get to this topic). It really sounds like Adams is so out of touch with this team that he's going to continue to side with "his" quarterback, and Fisher's tenure will be done in Tennessee. If that happens and VY is starting QB and Fisher isn't head coach any longer, I don't know that I'll continue as much a Titans fan as I now am. What do you think? Are you loyal no matter how this plays out?

Seriously, what does Bud see in him?

May you all eat lots of good food and have a happy (and drama-free) Thanksgiving tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!