Tuesday, November 23, 2010

21 and up?

I always wonder the protocol for babies and the liquor store. Even with my advanced planning skills, I often find that I need to run by the liquor store on my way home from work (darn them for not being open on holidays and Sundays), and most of the time I have the Boy with me. So I skip it.

But do I really need to? The Boy is not yet a year old. I'm usually going in to the liquor store to buy a bottle, maybe two of wine, or maybe a bottle of vodka. I'd be going in sober and not cracking the bottle open as soon as I got back in the car. Is it okay to take him in to the store with me? My mind (and my mother) tells me yes, but will I be met with scorning glances from all inside, letting me know that I'm a horrible mother? Do I care?

Because I'm still torn on this, I'll be journeying out on my lunch break today to buy an airplane size bottle of brandy needed for a Thanksgiving cake I'm making and one bottle of wine to go with Thanksgiving dinner. On the bright side, the liquor store nearest my office gives a discount with our work IDs. Cha-ching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!