Friday, November 26, 2010

Cooking is a thing I (used to) do

I enjoy finding recipes I want to try, making my shopping lists, following the recipe steps and of course, eating good food. I like others to eat that good food, too, and I definitely enjoy hearing them rave about how great the things I chef taste. I used to cook all of the time. I also used to be child-free.

Grasshopper mint cake (with some football flair)

Veggies!!!

Banana biscotti

My first homemade boneless buffalo wings...they were SO good!

(If you want to see more of my cooking, check out my Facebook album.)

With an almost-one-year-old, cooking isn't as enjoyable as it used to be, but I was determined to do some Thanksgiving baking this year. The Hubs asked me not to make a big mess in the kitchen. (Yeah, right.) I was decently successful with my baking conquests Wednesday evening and even made it to bed by a little after midnight. I made Paula Deen's pumpkin bars and Martha Stewart's white chocolate sweet potato cake, and I recommend both!

The pumpkin bars. (Thank goodness for my new frosting thingy. Read more about that here.) I was waiting to get a photo of the cake after we cut it to show the inside, but I forgot...

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving. With wonderful friends, family and food, I know that I did!

PS--I know you're reading this because I can login and see it in my blog stats. Please click to follow me, so others know you're reading too!   :)

2 comments:

  1. That all looks so delicious, but I really wanna try that Grasshopper Mint Cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really good! (Of course, I'm a lover of Thin Mint cookies and mint chocolate chip ice cream.) I made it from a Martha Stewart recipe. (http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/grasshopper-cake) If you give it a go, I'd love to hear how it turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!