Monday, December 27, 2010

My OWN bed

It's calling my name. Yes, it's not even 8 p.m., but I could seriously lay down and fall asleep right now. My excuse could be that I've been on Eastern time for the last four days. Or my excuse could be a mixture of the Boy already being in bed and going down just as easily as he always does (Can't even put in to words how excited he was about his own crib tonight!), it being cold outside and the three glasses of wine I had because it's the last night of vacation (that is, until next weekend). But I don't care if I have an excuse ... I'm tired, and I get to sleep in my own bed tonight! If there had been clean sheets, I would be skipping the blog post for tonight, for sure!

Before Christmas, I envisioned this post-celebration blog post being mostly pictures with captions, outlining all of the fun we had. But I'm not the best camera gal. I see others get out their cameras, and my mind immediately thinks, "No need to get up. They're getting all of the photos you want, and they'll share." Plus, it's just annoying at times to have to hold up the same present or hold the same pose with relatives for six different cameras! The problem is, some folks aren't good about sharing photos. I can sometimes get my sisters to share photos, but that's only because I copy and save them off of their Facebook albums. My step mom is a camera queen and has ALL of the photos I want, but she only does hard copy prints through the mail. (Although she says this time my dad will plug the camera in to the computer with the USB cord and email me photos ... fingers SERIOUSLY crossed!) She even got a good photo of the Hubs, the Boy and me!

I definitely need to quit being lazy when it comes to photo ops, and needless to say, this blog won't be the photo essay recapping our entire holiday trip that I had originally envisioned. Besides a few cell phone photos here and there, I only broke out the camera once ... for the Boy's first experience in the snow. But I'll post what I've got! Please cross your fingers along with me that at some point (soon) folks that usually don't share photos electronically will share and that I can add more photos.


The Boy annoyed that I'm taking his photo while he's sleeping on the overnight road trip up to Michigan

The Hubs got a cute cell phone picture of the Boy while they were hanging in the back of Sunday morning church because the Boy couldn't remain quiet any longer

Ummmm, I got a new bill-paying calculator for only $1.60 at B & G Discount!

He loved the sledding and snow experience from the very beginning! (I loved that he looked like a little marshmallow man...)

Sledding with Aunt Lizzy

Got to get a photo with Dad!

Sledding with Aunt Hilary

Loving it!

The Boy was the best passenger on the drive home that we could ask for!

Good passengers are rewarded with Qdoba. It was actually the Boy's first time eating a full meal off of the menu. Made Mom proud ... he loved it!

To wrap up (and to get in some random thoughts), I love my sisters. I wish we lived closer and that I could be more a part of their lives! I chipped my tooth (in the tiniest way) tonight on a plate. (Don't ask!) I need advice ... do I need to do anything about it? And we're glad to be home with our sweet girl kitty kitty, Princess. Speaking of which, she's already waiting for me in bed (MY OWN BED!!!), so GOOD NIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!